Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

What an Animal!

For some strange reason I kept forgetting to write this review. Let me try to make this story short, before I go into the review.
I went to LA to meet up with my husband for the weekend. I had never been to LA so aside from doing all the Tourist stuff I wanted to really do something special; so that week before I went I was doing some research (with the help of my favorite food guru, Shah K- he will be famous one day-) and found this place called Animal 435 North Fairfax Avenue  Los Angeles, CA 90048


I read some reviews and they were all great. However I didn't look at the menu, It's called "animal" of course there is meat, chicken, etc. I called and made reservations! 
The day came and we got there
this is what the menu looks like 


We got to the place and It small and cozy; the menu was something we had never seen before, but since it was a very hot spot I was willing to try something...my husband, not so much. He was expecting something more like a steak house, that might had been my fault - when he asked me if it was a meat restaurant i said Yes! hahahaha- 
Anyways we ended up getting the following:


Polenta six-hour bolognese parmesa


Melted petit basque, chorizo and grilled bread
                                               
                                                             


and last but not least, even though I was super hesitant to get it. We got the foie gras, biscuit and maple sausage gravy! ( I was hesitant to get it because I had just had it In Miami and did not care for it)



Guys...everything was so Delicious! with the first 2 plates we went on the safe side; but let me tell you this foie gras tasted nothing like peanut butter and jelly (from my last review at Sra Martinez- Miami). This one was as rich and flavorful as our waiter Jake mentioned...

Oh I almost forgot, my favorite part, dessert! We got the Bacon Chocolate Crunch bar with s&p ice cream and the Dark knight carrot cake, parsnip cream cheese, rootbeer and walnut.
Both of them were really good, but for me (since I'm a chocolate gal) the Chocolate bacon did it!

     

I give this place 5/5! not only that the food was extremely good, and filled us up but the service was outstanding! Believe me next time I'm in town I will try some pig face for sure. Ohh and the menu changes Daily!
check out their website 
note: Be prepare to have only wine as they don't have a full liquor bar. We enjoy wine so for us it was not a problem


1 comment:

  1. Great review! I especially loved my name being referenced as the food guru...hehehe...
    It definitely looks like a place I would love and I'm glad I recommended it.

    ReplyDelete