Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My first DIY

So I always see all of these DIY online; and I've always wanted to do one, I tried to do one, and my husband ended up doing it all =(. Not intentionally it just happened that way.
Moving on...Every girl that has makeup knows that if you don't see it, you are not going to use it!  then it's going to go bad, and you will debate for another 3-6 months whether you should toss it or save it for that next party coming up.
You will need
Steel Sheets- I got 12x12 (3, but only used 2)
Pic out 100% cotton - Joanne's Fabric $1.99 on sale 
Magnets - Homedepot $2.49 - make sure you get the thick ones
Plug in your glue gun; so that it can heat up while you prep



I have a Little Steamer (Love it!-Must have) Steam off the crest of the fabric 
 

Make sure your glue gun is hot and start gluing, start gluing the corners of the fabric to the metal sheet.

 


Now Take Double sided tape (the Heavy duty one) and cut strips, glue them to the end of the already wrapped with fabric metal sheets. I only did 2 strips, I thought it was enough. 
Find a spot and glue them (or it, if you only want to do one) to the wall, press it and make sure it it set.



 The next step is to grab all your make up, glue the magnet (you can use 2 for the heavier ones) to the back of the makeup (eye shadow, foundation, etc). Make sure all the labels are peeled off. so that the magnet won't fall.


 As you glue the magnets to the makeup, place them on the sheet and done!









No comments:

Post a Comment